Beginning June 29, 2020, Total Action for Progress (TAP) will offer financial assistance for rent or mortgage payments through the Virginia Rent and Mortgage Relief Program.
This assistance will be available to individuals at or below 80% of the Area Median Income who have experienced loss of income due to the Coronavirus pandemic, such as those who have:
• lost employment or experienced a reduction of work hours;
• must stay home to care for children due to closure of daycare and/or school;
• lost child or spousal support;
• been unable to find work due to COVID-19;
• missed work hours due to contracting COVID-19; or
• a high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 and are unable to participate in their previous employment.
Assistance will be available for payments past due as of April 1, 2020, and onward. Applications for assistance will be taken Monday–Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the following locations:
• TAP Roanoke Office: 302 2nd St., SW, Roanoke, VA 24011
• TAP Covington Office: 118 S. Lexington Ave., Covington, VA 24426
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 540.777.4673.
This program is made possible through funding from the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development.